Monday, April 9, 2012

More Springtime Pictures of Tiger Gardens

DSCN1778
'Carolina Moonlight' Baptisia
DSCN1775
Japanese peony and Irises
DSCN1774
Japanese Irises
DSCN1777
'May Night' salvia and 'Rolly's Favorite' silene
DSCN1768
Iris virginica
DSCN1762
Peonies
DSCN1760
Irises-note the cow pasture in the distance. The trees in my yard make all the difference here in the south--just look at that bright sun outside of Tiger Gardens proper.
DSCN1758
Solomon's Seal
DSCN1757
Smilacina racemosa
DSCN1753
Colombine
DSCN1752
Virginia waterleaf
DSCN1751
'Raulstonii' sweetshrub
DSCN1750
Irises and colombine in the Rear Center Garden
DSCN1749
The Greenhouse Garden
DSCN1745
Irises in the Crabapple Garden looking toward the backyard and Foundation Gardens
DSCN1744
Lamb's ears, hostas, and colombine


DSCN1875-1
Hostas in the Shade Garden north of the deck
DSCN1866
Irises in the Front Sidewalk Garden.
DSCN1868
A sweet robin bathing in the birdbath. Until I moved here to Tennessee and installed birdbaths I never knew how wonderful they were for attracting birds.
DSCN1872-1
Another picture of the Crabapple Garden looking toward the Northside Shrub Border.....

in the garden....




Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

16 comments:

  1. WOW ~ How wonderful it must be to walk around in your lovely gardens.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely tour this morning, Tina. I am constantly amazed this spring by how much earlier the garden is than usual, but I can see your garden is even farther along than mine--irises and peonies already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo beautiful and I love the lettering on the tiger garden sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful at Tiger Gardens! My peony have buds but no blooms just yet. The plants are filling in a bit but not as full as in the past. I must snap some pictures of my Gardens for you all to have a peek. Our house guest depart today so I shall get those pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me wipe the garden drool off my chin! WOW! Your gardens look gorgeous...what great Hostas you have my dear. Do you think there is any peony that would grow here? I just adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina,
    Spring is in full swing at Tiger Gardens! I enjoyed the tour. I think that baptisia may be my favorite of the flowers you showed here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is so pretty right now!! I love seeing all those flowers. None of those are blooming here yet, probably at least a few more weeks still. I love that pinkish Iris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All is wonderful as always. If I had 10 lifetimes I would still not ever have all those wonderful gardens. I love the new Tiger Garden's sign. I do not remember it before. Is it new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, nope, not new. I posted on it quite a while ago. It works quite well.

      Delete
  9. Tina, you know how to make rice krispie treats right. One stick of melted butter, add and melt marshmallows, but instead of rice krispies you use those dry Chow Mein Noodles, mix well. Spray a cupcake pan and then form the nest in the cupcake holder. Refrigerate for half an hour or so.... take out of cupcake pan, place on platter or plate and refrigerate for a couple of more hours. Then let them set on the counter for a while until they are no longer fragile...easy peasy! They taste very similar to the rice krispie treats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous views! I especially liked seeing the baptisia and all the different colored irises. Your hostas are already so large! Impressive! I planted Solomon's Seal this year - I hope mine does as well as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tina so jealous your iris are blooming..seems I am several weeks behind...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the whole garden, though the Iris virginiana stands out as something I will have to look for to add to my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so good. Wish mine looked half as good. I did have 2 different iris to bloom. Roses are in bloom. Potatoes are about to bloom. Sure hope they do good. #1 ggs sure is a good help to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful~a lovely view into a Tennessee garden.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I will be happy if I can visit your garden. Everything has waken up in spring! So many pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!