Friday, March 29, 2013

More From Bok Tower and Gardens

DSCN6109
Bok Tower and Gardens is a rather large place that is so varied I thought it prudent to divide up the pictures for you all. We now continue our tour in the main area of the gardens near the visitor center. There were gorgeous irises blooming. 
DSCN6105
A rill set up with the wonderful sound of water provided some ambiance to this garden in a courtyard. 
DSCN6095
Eating al fresco outside is a little furry squirrel who was most happy patrons shared their lunch with it! This squirrel was almost domesticated so unfazed was it by the people eating their lunch nearby.
DSCN6094
The view from the patio was gorgeous. Agaves were a central feature of many of the gardens we saw in Florida-not just in this public garden but all along the roads in private gardens as well. I don't think agaves would ever grow this large in Tennessee. 
DSCN6092
Can you tell the difference between the real agave and the metal one in the above picture? It is of course the one with the glass stamens that is closest to you in the picture. Seeing this vignette in real life made it seem as though the metal plant was real. Myself and several other visitors had to get up close to confirm this was indeed a metal sculpture. 
DSCN6111
Eye catching tiles decorated the courtyard. I really enjoyed the tropical nature of these tiles. 
DSCN6113
Lastly, a sea of monkey grass and river pebbles. This vignette was so ideal I just loved it! There was a pre-teen girl walking back and forth on the pebbles in her socks. She informed me that if you take off your shoes and walked on the pebbles then your feet would get a massage. I just smiled. I was already familiar with pebble walks like this but had never seen one with the stones set in concrete and one so large as this. The juxtopositon between the grass and undulating rocks was so perfect that one could almost envision this walkway a river....

in the garden....

Sunday, March 31st is the final date to be entered into the giveaway I am sponsoring. Check this post here for further details. 
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic finish of tour. That metal agave sure looks real. I would have had to touch it to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have some beautiful plants and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what beauty you were able to see during winter! Love that monkey grass and pebble river! I could do something like that in my gardens as I have tons of Monkey Grass which needs to be thinned out....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby just saw the agave sculpture over my shoulder and was, "wow, that is awesome!" Love the pebbles and grass. Like a stream flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina...what an awesome place. In the picture of the view from the patio, are those yellow flowers Snapdragons? They look absolutely amazing...some are so tall. I just love Snapdragons, but they just don't do very well in my garden. I also really like the sea of Monkey Grass. It looked like a rolling ocean to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Good catch Christy! They are indeed snapdragons. A good cool season annual-at least here in my experience.

      Delete
  6. Just gorgeous. The color scheme in the agave garden is lovely but I really want the grass and inlaid rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous view from the patio and irises blooming...oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely place. I love the pebble path and the notion of walking on it to massage my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sea of monkey grass, and I would have had to have taken off my shoes to walk on those pebbles! What a great space!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!