Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Formosa Lily

BY SKEETER
  The Beach Planter continues to grow here in my GEORGIA GARDENS. Click HERE to see a follow up and link to its beginnings.
 A bargain find Flamingo has landed.
 These bargain found Frogs call the planter home as well.
 This photo was snapped on June 4 with the Formosa Lily about the same height as the Palm...
 This photo was snapped July 22 with Formosa Buds showing as well as a Sweet Gum Sapling in the middle of the Palm.
 This photo was snapped on Aug 2 while the Saint held up the top heavy plant. Ha, the sapling returned in the Palm as I have failed to pull the root but rather snapped it off.
 These beauties came to my garden by sneaking into a gift of Canna Bulbs passed along to me by sweet Lola! 
 I do believe this Formosa Lily is about ready to be divided.
 We stabilized Lily to the stake so it does not fall to the ground.
 She is full of Pollen.
 And holding onto raindrops with our plentiful Summer rains.
I cannot Thank Lola enough for this FORMOSA LILY, In the Garden...

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

14 comments:

  1. Your Formosa lily is amazing.

    I like your beach planter, the frogs are cute.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful there! I love the pink flamingo too. Hmmmm, thinking cap on how to make one. I just purchased a few pots of formosa lilies at Summer Celebration this year. Not sure yet where I'll plant them but you've given me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your brain must be in overload with ideas for all that beautiful land. You will come up with a wonderful idea for all the fun things you have laying around....

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a gorgeous lily and so tall! This was a nice surprise gift from Lola. The palm has certainly grown, too--looks like the fish will soon be swimming in its fronds:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have repainted those fish once Rose and looks like they may get a second painting before too long. And yes, they will be in the palm fronds soon so I had better get my paints out and get busy...

      Delete
  4. Very beachy of you Skeeter...and Wow, that formosa lily amazing. I have never seen one before. I have never seen a lily this tall before for that matter. Lucky you to have such a beauty. I wonder if it would grow in zone 6??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Research tells me this beauty will grow in Zones 5-9.... You need one Lisa!

      Delete
  5. The lily is amazingly tall. I like that palm. It has such a cool spiky look and looks great in you garden planter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pink flamingo. It looks so original1 :-) Lovely photos. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An unusual and gorgeous lily that for sure...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sure a nice treat! Love the flamingo.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!