Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A New Bottle Tree in Tiger Way Gardens

DSCN0458
There is nothing like a bottle tree to cheer the landscape. I recently installed a new one out on the land in the orchard. I had purchased this hanging bottle tree at the Nashville Lawn and Garden Show last March but had no place to install it--until now. I initially thought I'd hang it from a tree but then remembered I have a powerful arbor (formerly the wisteria arbor in Tiger Gardens but now the grape/kiwi arbor in Tiger Way Gardens) in the orchard that would be a perfect foil for this hanging bottle tree.
DSCN0460
A simple chain with a latch was all I needed to hang this bottle tree. I looped the chain around a 2'x6' cross beam and hooked the bottle tree to it. The bottle tree holds 20 bottles but so far it only has 12 on it as I need to bring more out there. I want to make sure it will be safe before I totally fill it up as I am not sure how much it will swing and sway in the winds. But for now it is a lovely little highlight of color hanging out in the orchard. 

The gardens are really shaping up at Tiger Way Gardens and it so comforting to me that I am lucky enough to have the time to slowly move things out there and recreate as many of my current gardens as I possibly can. Bottle trees will be a real big part of that re-creation you can bet!

in the garden....

Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

7 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with your new gardens and your bottle tree is a lovely addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have a hanging bottle tree! I wonder, too, though, how it will fare in the wind. The winds can be pretty fierce here at times, sweeping across all the flat land. Hopefully, the chain is heavy enough to keep from swaying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! It has been up for several weeks now and there has been a lot of wind. Surprisingly the hanging does not even move in the wind or if it does it is ever so slightly and cannot hit the side of the arbor--fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Never thought of hanging a bottle tree on an arbor or man made structure! Now I wish you had twisted my arm to get the one we saw at Miss Lucille's! Dog gone it! Now I have regrets... LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the bottle tree!!

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!