Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Endless Summer Twist and Shout Hydrangea

BY SKEETER
 Back in June of 2011, this little Hydrangea came home with me from the "Giant Plant Sale" from McCorkle's Nursery. McCorkle's Nursery is about 20 minutes from my GEORGIA GARDENS and opens to the public twice a year with great bargains. I try to get to the event both times so as to add fun things to my gardens at a cheap price. I have talked about McCorkle's in the past and if you would like to see those postings, Click HERE and HERE to read up on them.
 I am not a Master Gardener by any means and I do not research many of my plants. So I never know what to expect when I put a new "to me" plant into the ground. But in the 3 years I have had this plant, she is doing okay by me and really starting to make a statement in my garden. 
 This is a fun plant as it has the most interesting blooms. Some start out in a creamy white ball.
 And some start out in a blue and cream color ball.
 As the blooms start to open, the magic really happens.
 I never know what to expect with each bloom.
 I just love the blue and creamy white together.
 Being a Wee bit OCD, I really like this bloom with its balanced self. Ha...
Just as a snowflake, no two of the blooms are alike. Thus, making for a most interesting plant to me. I shall be attending the McCorkle's June 12-14 GPS once again as I have won a gift certificate from them! I never know what I shall come home with as I never know just what they will have in the fields until I arrive! But I know one things for sure, I love my ENDLESS SUMMER TWIST AND SHOUT HYDRANGEA, In the Garden...


Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

6 comments:

  1. You? Not a Master Gardener? That beautiful hydrangea would indicate otherwise. I've always admired them...been too insecure (and cheap) to try one for myself. The only one I was gifted was unintentionally neglected and now "history".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hydrangea! You captured its beauty very well.

    Happy shopping at the next sale ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Twist and Shout' is one of my favorite hydrangeas for this very reason! They get big and bloom reliably. Watch out now, I suspect you'll be bringing some more hydrangeas home to join Twist and Shout. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. Love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful...all of my hydrangeas of this sort are barely growing ...most are dead or a bunch of sticks with a few leaves...sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, mine were slow to get going this year. Am sure the harsh winter we had is to blame but they are making a comeback now....

      Delete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!