Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Wonders of the outdoors

BY SKEETER
 Burr, Winter has finally arrived. We have had some below freezing temps and most everything has fallen asleep in my GEORGIA GARDENS. However, I spotted buds on the Daffodils today!
The Saint and I hiked the woods of one of the many wonderful parks in our area. While hiking, I spotted this bush blooming. No idea what type bush but it sure did put a smile on my face!
 I also spotted these sweet little blooms. I believe this to be wild Vinca. I have seen this before at another park near the lake.
There were old fashioned Water Pumps in the campground area of the park. We had one in our Gartenplatz while living in Germany. So seeing this one really brought back some fun memories. I would enjoy having one in my gardens again but maybe just for the look as pumping those things can be a pain in the arm. 
 It was cold and windy today and I really did not want to get out from under my warm blanket and comfy recliner. After the nice hike and seeing the beautiful blooms, I was so glad the Saint talked me into going out to the lake. The hike rejuvenated me.

If you are feeling cold and tired of Winter, hike some woods or take a brisk walk up the street and you will be surprised of the WONDERS OF THE OUTDOORS, In The Garden...
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your 'hike in the cold'.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to get outside every day, even when it is so cold. Annie, our dog, gets us out every day. We always see something that is interesting. Nature is never boring. I think that is one of the reasons I love to garden. Even the chores bring you out. I love those old water pumps too. I remember having to prime the pump in the pasture to get water for the livestock. It can get your arm tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice! I am about to head out for a morning walk and trash pick up. Haha, an everyday thing. I think those blooms might be prunus mume? It is a very early bloomer. The Saint is looking very relaxed and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a good hike to get that blood pumping. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had such an enjoyable hike, Skeeter! That's what I need--once the temps get a little warmer; I've turned into a couch potato this winter:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. good advice, Skeeter, you are lucky to have such a lovely place near to where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The past couple of days here haven't felt like winter. We have been enjoying some 60s temps and loving every minute of it. I'm afraid we're about to get slammed with another cold blast in a few days, though. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while I can. Those are some lovely flowers, something I'm longing to see here.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!