Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Iris Reticulata in Bloom


DSCN4662
After my non bloom post on Monday I thought I'd showcase some blooms in Tiger Way Gardens. We do have quite a few blooms but they are coming along slowly and are spread out. Right now the following flowers are blooming: crocuses, Glory of the Snow, starflower, hyacinths, mahonia, hellebores, Iris reticulas ('Clairette' pictured above, and 'Harmony' pictured below), edgeworthia, and daffodils. There are a few other flowers blooming in the old garden such as witch hazels. Spring is here!
DSCN4661
I really did not expect much from these Iris reticulatas planted in the fall of 2014. Generally it seems like they bloom well one year then kind of fade away. These ones surprised me by popping up through cardboard and hay mulch and blooming so nicely. I almost missed their blooms so subtle are they.
DSCN4658
And I surely don't want to miss these little beauties....

in the garden....
Words and Photos Property of In the Garden Blog Team, In the Garden

9 comments:

  1. They are little beauties. I wouldn't want to miss them either. They don't do well in my garden. I have a few here and there but as you say they don't always bloom. I think that odd. They reproduce the green leaves but not blooms. Hmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. It's exciting to see northern gardens waking up.

    Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! And here we still have a foot of snow...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous irises! Ours won't show until June so thanks for sharing yours. It must be such a joy seeing fresh sprouts through fallen leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found they need to be replanted every so often, worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, I had to laugh at Lorraine's comment. I am excited to see the start of spring in the states south of my Nebraska garden. I have not been blogging much, and need to go see what she's been up to. Thanks for your comment on my last post. I'm not sure of the range of the golden alexanders, but they grow pretty easily here. Maybe you are too hot for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, they look like little fancy Crocus! Well, maybe a dwarf Lady Saigon.... Happy Spring...

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous blue, love the way they're peeking through the mulch.

    ReplyDelete

ALL SPAM WILL BE PROMPTLY FRIED. PLEASE DO NOT LIFT PHOTOS OR WORDS. THANKS!